A Commitment for Life!!!

3:12 PM at 3:12 PM

We try and live a normal life but it unfolds inexplicably, yet beautifully with each passing day. The enigma coupled with anxiety makes the experience of living each day invigorating. You know what you want, you probably even work hard to attain what you want, but ultimately what you will get always remains obscure, that’s the million dollar question that outlines what is called the “hope” for life. Wise words say “Do not hold your “good deeds” over expecting returns,” but what the heck, whom are we trying to fool here??…we always need to quench our thirst, don’t we?!

The true feeling of unexpectedly realizing your dream cannot be expressed in a few words…it takes its own sweet time to sink in…coz that would have been the last thing you ever anticipated and lo and behold, its right there with bated breath and open arms alluring you to live your dream! In a rollercoaster life crammed with ups-and-downs, a feeling like this is forever to cherish, appreciate and experience! This is when I truly thank the almighty, the one superpower for having been instrumental in motivating me to accomplish my goal…my dream!


Let me get to the point here (its time to unfurl the mystery :))…I am slowly and willingly stepping into a new phase in my life, the phase of commitment, belongingness, love, togetherness and happiness…a family is in the making :)…engaged to a guy I love dearly, a family that showers love selflessly…what else can I ask for? (Ofcourse, I can’t wait to be married ;)).

An acquaintance that started in the bullpen,
Blossomed into friendship with no pretense.
Rendezvous and get-togethers that it led to then,
Only now more than ever makes perfect sense.

Apprehensions and expectations grew with time,
“Loves me?” “Loves me not?” was the rhyme.
A glimpse, calls, chats, & blogs were prime,
In making the heart sing like a wind chime!

“I love you” was the cure,
“Will you marry me” felt so secure,
“The institution of marriage” so pure
“A commitment for life” it is for sure!

11 comments:

Sunil Krishnan said...

oh kondey i have no words,i am choked reading this. with each blog u r making memore proud god bless!

Anonymous said...

hey swetha!!!!
as u know i dont read much.....but i'm sure i'll not be wrong when i say....
u write pretty well......
the whole compilation is so perfect....fills ur eyes wit water.....
cheerz......keeepp writing......
make me proud

Raj said...

here from Eternal Bliss's blog.

A lovely post! You write very well! :) My hearty congratulations to you for the new phase of your life. And I loved the poem too! It pretty much gives the gist of what happens from the beginning to the end, in a very beautiful manner! And I went through your "Guns N Roses" post too and i liked the poems! :D

Would sure be back here more often! :)

BuckBear said...

wonderful post and perfect compilation !! u rock. i have read this post more than 10 times now. The die is now cast , come weal come woe, the link which naught death can sever :)) wah wah kya baath hai. From this day on u shall not walk alone, my heart be ur shelter and my arms ur home.

lucky said...

brillianto!
COngratulations.. must be a wonderful feeling.. I am very happy for you!!

New look to the blog. Nice!
btw... reading your post.. i got reminded of this one liner someone told me.. 'Life is what happens to you when you are making other plans! ' :)

would love to get in touch with you.. possibly mail/ chat? would that be possible?

Raj said...

"Love"ly new look to the blog! :) A beautiful heart at the top and a chocolate color background theme! Fits/reflects your mood I guess! :)

Raj said...

They say "Its a small world!" and I say, "aye aye"! :D I had a suspicion and confirmed it now, that I know your fiance! :) I just happen to have lost touch with him, cos Iam busy with my studies now! :D Once again, my hearty congratulations to both of you! Shall call him up and wish him! Am really happy for the both of you! :)

Swetha Krishnan said...

@ mom - thanks darling! your comments do motivate me to write better :)

@ sonu - thanks bro! you rock!!!

@ JV - with you by my side, i shall always walk with pride :) awesome comment...u are the best!

@ lucky - am back and hopefully will write more often!
thanks a lot man! we are already in touch via our blogs and I would love to keep it that way...no hard feelings! :)

@ raj - thanks a lot, firstly for visiting my blog and for your nice comments :)
thanks a lot for you wishes as well :) will let JV know...take care!

Eternal Bliss said...

hey swetha.. !! lovely poem ! :)
you have put the whole thing in such beautiful words ..too good man !! very very happy for you too ! :)

Eternal Bliss said...

hey swetha..!! lovely poem...you have put your feelings across in a very beautiful way...wonderful dear :)

Damn happy for you both ! :)

Bleeding words said...

Beautiful lines

keep writing

Cheers