Summer can't be gone!

1:13 PM at 1:13 PM


Waking up on a cool and murky day,
Wondering why wouldn’t the alarm delay.
Struggling, snuggling and cuddling away,
The clock won’t budge, to my dismay.

Rising sun begets no signs of heat,
Summer it is, who would remind the cheat.
Pacifying myself to stop hiding from this deceit,
A fresh, hot cup of coffee sure feels like a treat.

Sweltering & simmering temperature is not the ask,
In a warm, shining, summery day can we bask.
Why is what we desire such a disagreeable task?
The orange/yellow halo is only a devious mask.

Fragrant blooms and colorful butterflies allure,
Tranquility of the warm sand beaches never fail to assure.
Is this the end of a beautiful season, I am unsure
Oh holy Sun God, you are the only true cure!

The scent of earth from a lush green lawn,
Reminds me of the beautiful summer dawn
What a great feeling being outdoors bring on,
Hope lingers, summer can’t be gone!

- Swetha Krishnan

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Whoa,

im amazed at the myriad thoughts that cross your mind and take shape as those wonderful words you use.

you definitely have a way with 'em.
You've got a wonderful conuit of venting what are quite remarakble thoughts and this blog is quite a revelation.

Kudos! Keep 'em comin

Envy said...

thats some poetic talent there. u can give javed akhtar a run for his money :)

cool job babes, keep it up

BuckBear said...

Man... u are in the wrong profession. There ander birla cement hai :).
Great job .. keep them coming.

Unknown said...

two thoughts came to my mind after reading this:

1. enlightening...never knew I was in the company of a poet...that too a good one...
2. it's really time for you to make a career switch.

amazing creativity...(ok...that was the third one...)

Anonymous said...

Swetha i said it all in my previous comment on your poetry skills...
To sum it up(hmmm you can call this as my version of poetry ) ..."Tussi great ho"...

Cutting Chai said...

really nice !! didnt know you were a poet at heart :)

Swetha Krishnan said...

@ Sunder: :-)

@ Venky: Javed Akhtar should take a break now I guess, what say? :-) Anyway, thanks Venky!

@ JV: Mere andar "birla cement" matlab "concrete jungle" hai...ab mein sochoon ki yeh ideas kahan se aaye..lol...thanks for the comment :-)

@ Ajay: Thanks! Am I gad after reading your comments! :-)

@ Guru: Tussi bhi great ho! Thanks a lot! :-)

@ Apu: I didn't know it either :-) Thanks dear!

Unknown said...

Hey that was really smooth.. Is this the swetha I know? I guess I don't know much :)
Seriously, You gonna start writing something big.

Swetha Krishnan said...

@ vihari - haha I suprise myself many a times too :-) thanks a lot!