Sons vs. Daughters

2:38 PM at 2:38 PM

This blog is not intended to discriminate one from the other, it is only meant to bring out the humour in most situations where sons and daughters belong together.

I have heard most couples I met in my life say that they can rely more on their daughter compared to their son. I don’t think I entirely agree with this statement, but I understand what instigates this kinda feeling in our parent’s minds. “WYSIWYG” (What You See Is What You Get) is like the mantra backing this feeling. Talking, gossiping, sharing of feelings, enjoying a homely atmosphere, and visual emotional bonding are inherent features in a girl and it is truly evident in the way she connects with her parents. On the contrary, although guys are capable of everything mentioned above, more often than not they are reserved when it comes to sharing day-to-day stuff. They believe in discussions only on a need basis and only when they find time from their important activities like playing, playing and did I already mention playing? J On a serious note, boys bond very well and tend to share their innermost feelings with their closest pals. Some guys that do spend time with their parents, share their feelings only on a superficial basis. And guys can only converse while they are involved in games, drinks, action movies or the likes. The recurring complaints of all mothers is that they do not get enough of their sons; can we blame either of them :D. Mothers can never accept their sons the way they are, they are constantly striving to transform them into a girl, not literally huh! This reminds me of the movie Transformers; what a movie! Oh well, I digress.

The point I am trying to make is that daughters explicitly state and pour out their feelings and sons, on the contrary, may love their parents even more than their sisters do, but they always come across as indifferent and detached. Whatever it may seem like, I feel that sons have this strong, ever-lasting bond with their parents, which might not be explicit, but always shows when most needed.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

are we to read between the lines into this post ?? :P

Unknown said...

wow kondey u shud have studied psychology what a perfect

anyalysis.keep it up! god bless u

Swetha Krishnan said...

@Lucky - Nah its straight from the heart! :) hows it going?

@Mommy - Thanks mom :)

Unknown said...

Reading this reminds me of my family:)
Absolutely perfect! I totally agree with you.

Eternal Bliss said...

Swetha dear :) I do agree with you on this.
Sons/Men are connected to their parents much better than what it is generally assumed these days and they are always there for them when needed most. I think the difference is we express it always to our parents and they dont find any reason to express things which are known and understood !!! :)

Women do think alike !! There are many more i know who feel the same :) maybe woman can be good in analysing characteristics of people ! ;);) he he

Swetha Krishnan said...

@ Nisha - Thanks dear! I knew you could relate to this :)

@ Eternal Bliss - so true, we are born analysts and can be great heat sinks :)